pro-life

I am curious about something. I have always disliked the labels pro-life and pro-choice. I feel like the topic is way to complex for two simple labels. I guess I would consider myself pro-choice because I don't feel like I should be allowed to make that kind of decision for anyone.

My question is this. If you consider yourself pro-life with the exception of rap or incest (like many do), why do you feel like you have the ability to decide every other situation. I am sure every women who wants an abortion is in a different situation. Why do you feel like a women has a choice only if she is raped or a victim of incest? Why do you feel like these are the only situations that warrant an abortion? What about abusive relationships or other bad situations? Do you feel like you can make a broad decision for everyone without knowing everyone?

Not trying to start a debate. I am simply just curious.

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Well im prolife- however, I couldve EVER have an abortion, no matter the circumstance (god forbid if I were ever in one of those terrible situations). But I dont push my views on others what so ever. Even though I look down upon abortion, I dont look down upon the person having one (of course unless they use it as a form of BC practically)..

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• COULDNT** not Couldve.. duh.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am one of those that doesn't support abortion for any reason.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't understand people being against abortion with regards to incest and rape. Abortion is abortion no matter how the person got pregnant. I am 100% pro-choice but not pro- abortion.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would never have an abortion no matter what. Even if I was raped the baby is mine. I know women who have had an abortion and fully regret it and another that had 4 abortions and used abortions as birth control....I dont judge those who have done it though I do think it is wrong. I don't know what the hell I am but I think it is wrong have more than one abortion. Mess up once...sad...mess up twice...stupid
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am Pro-Life but I do not have a problem with abortion if the mother was raped, or if the baby or mother would not survive. The reason I do not agree with abortion in all other circumstances is because I believe it is murder...and if it not okay to kill an adult why should it be okay to kill an innocent child? And I also believe that abortion is not the only option...there are millions of people out there looking to adopt a child...will pay for all the hosptial bills...and even give extra care to the mother while she is pregnant. If you had the choice to do that instead of take the easy way out and kill the baby I don't see why anyone would choose abortion.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am pro-choice and pro-life. I think that no one should be able to decide but the woman who is pregnant. That is why we live in America. We have very few things left that are actually "free". Little by little the government is taking all of what little freedom we have left away. It's their body and their choice. Not for ANYONE else to decide.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Ash9724 - Why are you ok with murder if the women is raped? Isn't murder murder? What if she is in an extremely abusive relationship, doesn't see a way out, and can't handle a baby? Why is rape the only reason you justify murder? Again, not trying to debate, argue, or put your opinion down. Just trying to understand.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think I should have said she can't handle being pregnant on top of her relationship. We all know that being pregnant is complex. What if she can't stand the thought of bringing a baby into the situation she can't seem to get out of.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm 100 pro life no matter what.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009