Did you receive you baby's footprints at the hospital?

I never got my baby's footprints, I wasn't there when they did his foot prints , but my husband was, they never gave it to us though? I don't know why ... He's 16 months now, so it's kind of a long time ago.. I just always wonder why they never gave it to me.. I never went back to ask though, so I guess it's my fault maybe? I don't know, my SIL said they never gave hers either.

prettymama0607

Asked by prettymama0607 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I didnt get any either..

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• with my first i didn't but they gave me a thing to take home to do them myself in the baby book, but also they gave me there birth certificate in the mail that had there feet prints on them. my second dd they gave me the feet prints and i got her birth certificate by mail with her feet prints on it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Nope.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I did with each kid but they came in different ways. With my oldest they did up a little birth certificate type thing and her prints along with my thumb prints were on it.
    With my son they did his foot print on the back of a piece of monitor printout paper where they had jotted down his birth time and weight for me.
    With my 2nd daughter (born at the same hospital as my son) I got them on a piece of scrap paper.
    With my last daughter they did a nice little sheet with her footprints and vital info.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i got mine, on a hospital birth certificate, not a state issued legal certificate. i had to fill out all the info too. still have it.
    zombie_mommy

Answer by zombie_mommy at 3:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i got both of mine
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i got mine on a hospital "birth certificate" not the official one..i had to fill the info in too...i was told they would do more than just the one if you asked them too but you have to let them know before hand. b/c they wont do the prints more than once so you have to let them know before they take the ink off
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i got my DDs on the hospitals birth certificate. its not official & i had to fill out all the information. i think it was the hospitals procedure. all i really remember about it is that my DDs feet were larger than the box on the paper haha. they had to turn her feet at an angle to keep them from overlapping onto the words.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i asked for them to put them in his baby book but they said they printed out stickers of the footprint for parents if you ask!
    brittb06

Answer by brittb06 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• With both my kids, the hospital gave us these certificate things with their footprints and on the back, space for us to fill in the vitals like name, weight, length all that fun stuff. My husband plans on using them for templates for footprint tattoos he wants to get for each of them. :)
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009