What kind of "advantages" kids living in a house have compare to kids living in an apartment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Aside from the fact that you are no longer throwing your money away every month, so there's something for your kids to inherit if you drop dead, it's privacy. It's your toddler having a tantrum, or your moody 12 year old walking off in a huff and slamming a door, or your 17 yr old sneaking in late and getting caught, without it being the neighbor's business. It's also a lot cleaner - YOU decide when carpet should be ripped out and replaced, or appliances are worn and need replaced. If the washing machine starts go to, you can go replace it that day, instead of only doing laundry in a 4 hr window so the banging doesn't disturb the neighbors when the landlord decides it's not old enough to replace yet.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Well if you live in a house, then you usually have a backyard and the kids can play out there. With an apartment you don't have one... I think thats it......
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• A yard, possibly a swing set and maybe even a dog. Houses have a lot more freedom to them.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Apartment kids have to be careful of making noises. You don't want your next door neighbor complaining :-0
    Anonymous

• Having a back yard i guess. But where i live we have a playground for kids so my kids aren't really missing out on much.
    Anonymous

• I live in an apartment and we have a backyard. Of course its like a "shared" backyard, but rarely anyone is out there. =P  One disadvantage is my neighbors upstairs sound like they have an elephant living up there- I can hear every single step they take. Its horrible.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Apartment kids have to be careful of making noises. You don't want your next door neighbor complaining :-

And thats why im thankful that most people who live here have kids. And i never even hear them.(only when im in the hallway) I think most apartments are sound proof i guess.
    Anonymous

• "sense of feeling at home"
    Anonymous

• having a house allows you to be able to whatever you want in or to the house. You can paint the kids rooms, make improvements for the children. A back yard.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 3:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't think it matters where you kiddos live, as long as there is room to play, fairly clean, they are fed, and warm. Less neighbor complaints about noise is all I can think of.

Actually, I thought of a plus for an apartment. Cheaper house payment is a better school district.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009