Is this a political issue?

Do you think porn is a political issue? Civil rights issue? Do you think it's racist? Sexist? What do you think about the government allowing the use of cartoons and digital images to be used in child porn? If you have any defense for porn, I would like to hear it so I can understand the "other side" of issues.

legalmommy101

Asked by legalmommy101 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• porn is a moral issue.if we all stop looking at it there wouldnt be a market for it. which ever way you look at it its digusting and degrading.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sorry but porn is not a politcal issue. It's a moral issue. I cannot defend porn as I have no use for it. As far as porn cartoons thats just warped.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon.. I believe its more of a moral issue than anything else.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Ok, so child porn is only a moral issue not a political one?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• moral issue that is protected by the Constitution. Which is why I believe people confuse it with a political issue. Some porn is fun to look at once in a while with the hubs, but mostly it is cheap, dumb, and sometimes offensive crap.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 4:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Uh, child porn is just wrong on all levels being that theyre underage and easily influenced.. Regular LEGAL porn is more of a moral issue.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• child porn is illegal and regulated under a different standard than legal porn.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Child porn is allowed in forms of cartoons and digital edited pictures.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You are absolutely right. Porn is protected under the First Amendment. How is that if any other media outlet used racial slurs, anti semitic, homophobic language that it wouldn't be protected under free speech because it's consider Hate Speech but as long as it's in porn it's ok?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LOL There is no defense for porn
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009