My 2yr old son is into everything!

My son was 2 in Oct. He is into EVERYTHING! He is fast too! He gets into the fridge and takes food upstairs or soap or anything else he can find to make a mess with. This is an all day thing. Im not talking a couple times a day Im talking if he is not in my sight he is getting into something. When I get on him he really doesnt care. Can someone help me please!!!

jessicalaree

Asked by jessicalaree at 4:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to child proof your home!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, child-proofing is an on-going process. I thought we'd taken care of most stuff from the get go, but....we started to baby proof when my daughter was one. She's 2 1/2 now and is the same way. Gets into everything. I run myself ragged monitoring her every movement for the most part. But I also do crazy things...we have child-proof locks on our cabinets, yet I put our trash on top of the fridge (so inconvenient!) just so my daughter can't possibly reach it (she knows how to unhook the child-'proof' locks.) I take the hand soap in the bathroom and set it in the shower caddy. I used to have to take the TP out of the bathroom every single time she used the potty, 'cause she always took too much. But she's getting better about that.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• LMAO....Im speechless right about now. You couldn't even explain it any better because my son does the same EXACT thing your son does and he is two. You need to TRY to childproof your home and just chastise him.. He knows what to touch and what not to touch. But my baby is the same way. LIL J WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW!!!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son is the same age as yours and he use to hide things alot. I know his usual hiding places. At one point he was hiding himself in the closets lol. Boys are very very busy like that and fast. He can open the fridge and pulls out things like mustard but normally he wants something to drink when he goes in there. At night, I put milk or juice in his sippy cup so that he can just get it in the morning and stay out of the fridge. Try finding other activities for him. See if the reason he goes into the fridge is for something he wants and if so then try to make it available for him so that he can grab it and close the fridge. At this age they want to be more independent. Before I figured it out on what to do I would push the stove in front of the fridge so he could stop going into the fridge every 5 minutes. Now I make his juice ready for him to grab. Its typical for boys hopefully it will pass.
    momofonewntmore

Answer by momofonewntmore at 4:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ive got a 16 mo boy n a 2 1/2 yo brother..they r both tht way..i pop them evrytime they do something they kno not to and after a few times they learn..every child is different tho
    mommydabbs

Answer by mommydabbs at 4:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Pray and ask God to help he will
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009