From which day do I count for ovulation?

I started spotting on Sunday but went to the doc on Monday. They said to count Monday for Day 1 for my cycle when counting for the ovulation calendar. Is a day going to offset my chances greatly of conceiving? Does it matter if you try every day you are ovulating or every other day?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 4:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Every day is fine, unless your DH has a low count, then you should do every other day. Day 1 of your cycle is counted as the first day you had bright heavy bleeding. Spotting doesn't count. So your doc should be correct to count Monday as Day 1. If you're doing every day or every other day just start a couple days early if you're concerned. Or get Ovulation test sticks so you can pinpoint your ovulation time and definitely shouldn't miss it.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009