why is it that a woman who is pregnant (even with an embryo) and is murdered, it counts as two murders? if you are pregnant, and get a ticket for driving alone in the carpool lane, you get off, because you are carrying a second, or more PEOPLE in the car? BUT, why is it that you as the mother can decide to call it a jelly bean, or just a lump of flesh( and in most cases that lump of flesh has already become a human heart, or more) and abort it?

i just participated in a poll, and it made me think.

teenagemama19

Asked by teenagemama19 at 4:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know several people have entertained that thought, and have been pretty sure that they didn't really want the baby, then later decided to get an abortion. Ok, now, what about the mother who got the abortion and unfortunately the baby came out alive? They DID perform an abortion, which is deemed as NOT punishable, but now, since the baby came out alive and died outside the womb, they consider it murder. How was that? They did the abortion, and for some reason the baby came out alive anyway, it wasn't their intention, but it happened. And because the baby didn't die in the womb, it's murder. How is that even right? It's full of contradictions.
    Anonymous

• The woman driving in the carpool lane didn't get off. What si the point of this question exactly besides stirring up trouble?
    Anonymous

• Because society contradicts itself, and tries to "normalize" things that are wrong, and tries to come up with an excuse for things even though the obvious truth stands strong.
    Anonymous

• It doesnt make sense. There is no law that protects the life of an unborn child. tsk tsk tsk. So sad.
    Anonymous

• "why is it that a woman who is pregnant (even with an embryo) and is murdered, it counts as two murders?"

Because the baby is wanted, I guess. If she and her baby were pregnant, it was involuntary for the child to pass away.

"if you are pregnant, and get a ticket for driving alone in the carpool lane, you get off, because you are carrying a second, or more PEOPLE in the car? "

Ive never heard of that.. I dont think it is true.

"why is it that you as the mother can decide to call it a jelly bean, or just a lump of flesh( and in most cases that lump of flesh has already become a human heart, or more) and abort it?"

Because it isnt wanted, therefore its not a baby afterall. I know stupid- but its whatever.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 4:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• That's an interesting thought.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:17 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• because people like you refuse to put the sign down at the clinic and go home to your family, people are just trying to piss you off.......troll..... do you not have kids to spend time with?
    Anonymous

• It's about having choices. Being pro choice means we are for having people having reproductive rights. We are for birth control, we are for adoption, we are for artificial insemination and we are for people having the right to make their own decisions about whether or not they want/need an abortion.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm pro-life & pro-choice. In regards to your question, if a woman is killed and she is pregnant, it is considered a double homicide because the woman DECIDED to keep that baby and whomever, killed them both. When she has an abortion, it is not considered murder, because it is her right to choose to keep it or not. Unless they make abortion illegal, that is just the way it is.
    What is the point of the carpool part?? I'm confused.
    Sitar21

Answer by Sitar21 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Would you mind citing the article or statute that makes the death of an embryo a murder in the case of the mother's murder? I am not aware of any such statutes or case law. Instead, my understanding is that if the fetus is viable outside of the womb at the time of the murder then you have a chargeable double homocide-- but only in a few states. I am interested in reading what you're referring to, though, as it would bring up a contradiction in law.

Also, state statutes generally do not allow a pregnant woman to use the carpool lane, although many have tried. Again, would you mind finding the article where the woman got away with it?

Thanks
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 4:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009