I have a question? is it okay to have a 32oz of dr. pepper while being 5 weeks pregnant? i only drink dr. pepper maybe 2 times a month. Please i need to know this is my first time being pregnant?

Asked by missvonnie22 at 4:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• caffeine is ok in moderation

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My Dr said caffeine was ok in moderation. I didn't drink any until I was in my second trimester.

Answer by musikdoll at 4:25 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yep. Just don't overdo it.

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• soda is fine just be careful not to do too much it can cause kidney infections not something you want too have

Answer by greeniemommy at 4:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yes it is fine .

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Too much caffeine can restrict growth in your baby. Especially early on, you don't want to do anything to mess with your baby. Try to keep you caffeine intake on any given day (even if you don't have it often) to 100mg or less of caffeine. One 12oz can of Dr. Pepper has 41mg of caffeine, so two would be safe (that's 24 oz). 32 oz probably wouldn't do any damage, but just try not to do it often (like you said, only a couple of times a month). Can you reduce the amount? There are a lot of things in soda that aren't good for you in general, but especially to a growing fetus.

Answer by musicpisces at 3:06 AM on Apr. 10, 2009