Any one had a water birth?

My doctor gave me a heads up that the next time I see him we are going to talk about labor and birth. I am having a hard time picking a water birth to help with pain or just go with the what looks like painful shot! I just want to hear from some women that had the water birth and what they thought about it, and would do it again or not....

HuntersMama09

Asked by HuntersMama09 at 4:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had four births; first two were homebirths, second two were home waterbirths. The difference was amazing for me! It is like turning the intensity way down. Even my husband noticed the difference, the atmosphere was so tranquil and serene. I know that I still had pains, but I do not *remember* the waterbirths as being painful at all. Even with contractions, my over all experience was not one of pain - does that make sense?

I highly recommend at least having the option of a birthing tub available at all points during labor and birth - it is well worth any hassle to get it. For some women it isn't that helpful or enjoyable, and they prefer to be walking or something else, but the vast majority of women who try waterbirthing insist on it for all future births and rave about it!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I wanted a water birth SO BAD. I'm doing all I can to avoid another damn needle in my back for any reason. It's just not worth it IMO.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I haven't but you should join the groups Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth. Many of those women have had water births. I assume your hospital allows you to labor/birth in a tub then? Or are you at a birth center?

I haven't and wont be having a water birth, but am having a home birth. I wouldn't get the drugs if I were you! Go labor in water, learn about all the great things water birthing has to offer. It really is a good option! :) I will be laboring in my tub for as long as I can!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009