How has the recession affected YOUR family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it hasnt affected mine yet *knocks on wood*
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Drastically! My BF is in the oil field and my stepdad and stepbrother are in home construction. Both fields are really suffering right now.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It hasn't affected us either.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Surprisingly, no. My husband is military and that seems to be one of the few stable jobs left. If you want to call what some military jobs entail stable anyway. We have never had a lot of money, but we do okay.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes Izsarejman, my hubby is military too and we have not been affected yet either. Thankfully! We are doing ok still also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It hasn't really. Work is a lil slow for hubby but his job is fairly secure. There's always something to do. And hubby does a lot of side work and he does it fairly cheap so we got a lot of extra income that way.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I got laid off... *insert sad face here*... my husband has a good job to support the five of us, but it's tight, really tight, and we make too much to get any help, make not enough to stay ahead. It's struggle, but I'm thankful for my husband every day. Hopefully I'll find a job soon!
    Anonymous

• My DH has a secure Job in a school district, so THANK GOD we are not affected yet. We are ok but not rolling in it! But it is well enough for me to stay home with my 2 kids if I budget and coupon clip my heart out! But I wouldn't have it any other way.
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My husband has a steady job (Most of the time), but it has realy affected our family. We have one sick child and 2 others and with crappy insurance, and no help financially, we barely get by at times.
    Anonymous

• It hasn't my Hubby works for the power company and they CANNOT have any less linemen/troubleshooters than they have right now or they will not be able to service the customers (whole state) that they have, so we have 99.9999999% security for as long as he is there, and that will be for the next 40 plus years. The money is fantastic and their raises are coming up in the next two weeks. We thank God every day for his job and the security it brings.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009