Formula while feeding baby food...

My son is 5 months old and we have started him on several different cereals and foods and is doing great! How much formula should I be giving him other than in the cereal?? (between meals)

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I go by Gerber.com's recommendations. Until they are about 8 to 10 months, formula is still the main source of nutrition, the baby food is just for practice. Currently, my son is 8 months and he gets 24 to 30 oz of formula a day with 3 meals.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 4:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• around 30 oz...
    http://www.earthsbest.com/baby_nutrition/feeding_schedule_print.php
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• At this point in time you should still be giving the baby formula as his main source of food. Right now you are simply feeding him cereal to "teach" him how to eat. Try not to fill him with cereals, feed formula first. Cereals are sort of an empty food with little nutritional value... Great first foods are meats like chicken and turkey and bright colored veggies.
    Elysia4999

Answer by Elysia4999 at 4:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Give him the same formula as before just feed cereal and increase that gradually. And cereal is nutritious, it has iron and vitamins. And if they get used to it, they will like oatmeal, cream of wheat, and malt-o meal later which is even healthier.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009