Are all digital cameras like that?

I have tow digital cameras, a kodak easy share, and a cannon powershot, the gray and yellow one. Anyones, they both take okay pictures, buti hate that it takes so long in between pictues . The delay seems forever. Are all digital cameras like that?And somethime when i am hitting the button to take the picture, it takes a while for it to go off. What camera do you have that you like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Everyone I've seen is like that. The super expensive SLR types might not be but we are talking near or over $1000 for the camera.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Neither of our Olympus digitals have long delays between pictures. A Sony we had previously was like waiting on Christmas though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I also have a Kodak EasyShare (Z760). This is what I figured out eventually. If you have just taken a picture and are waiting for the LCD display to change back to live view so you can take another picture, just click the "Review" button twice--quickly--and the display screen will return to live view and you can take another.
    TieDyeMom

Answer by TieDyeMom at 5:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• no ours is pretty fast . its a nikon cool pics
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Mine is quite fast, it's a Cannon PowerShot S5IS. I love it, it takes beautiful pictures and it was only $350.00. The new one I'm getting is 15 megapixles, and there is NO delay what so ever. The more you pay the better the camera, kinda like everything else in this world, you get what you pay for.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have a brand new Canon Powershot, and you can set the delay in between pics. See if you can do that with yours. It should be in your menu on the camera.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I hate the delay on point and shoot digital cameras. It takes forever from when you push the button to when it actually shoots and then forever to save it to the memory card. I now have a digital SLR camera (which was a gift). There is no delay (except when I'm shooting in low light with the camera flash in auto mode...so I just don't do it) at all. It works just like a film camera. I have a Canon Rebel XTi. My dad got the basic kit (camera and 2 lenses) at Costco for like $800. They have a newer model out so you could probably find one cheaper. Their worth it if you really like to take pictures.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009