could be an autism early sign

Hello, my baby is 8 months old (adjustment age 6 months 3 weeks, because he was preemie) but my question is, sometimes he takes his pacifier and start looking it really close, and looking, turn on and looking again, until he finally puts it in his mouth, is that normal?could it be an autism sign?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it sounds normal to me, just like she is interested in it. My kids did stuff like that too and they dont have autism.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 4:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• normal. sounds like he is discovering things which is good. autism cant be diagnosed until the age of 2 i think. thats what i was told by my dr
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would say normal as well. My daughter does that all of the time, he is just curious and exploring it, if anything I would think that would be a good sign that he is noticing and exploring different things. Here is a good website that gives red flags for autism incase your still worried :)
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/learnsigns.php
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• that sounds normal babuies are supposed to look at things from all angles it is a milestone
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 7:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Your baby sounds perfectly normal to me. My son used to play with his paci like that too. Don't worry.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 11:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009