Should I let my parents know? I would want to know if it was my child.

My parents are paying for my sister to go to college, but she isn't really going to school. She just makes my parents think she is enrolling in courses, but doesn't. She has my parents thinking she is working at a hospital since she is supposedly going to school to be a nurse, but she is working at a daycare. They have given her money for school for the past 4 years to go to a 2 yr school, of which she has gone for 3 semesters. Then I always hear oh poor so and so, she has to work and go to school she never gets any rest, it would be so much easier on you if you went to school since you are a SAHM, and don't have to work. I am sick of it. I have proof that she has only gone to school for 3 semesters, what classes she has taken, and that she isn't enrolled in any classes this semester. Should I show my parents the proof, since it would require proof for them to believe me, or am I just being petty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell her to be honest with them or you WILL be.
    Anonymous

• I'd tell them if I were you! They deserve to know.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 4:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would confront your sister about it first and tell her what she's doing is wrong and she should be honest with your parents...yikes...sibling issues are a thin line!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree with Luv. Give her the option to be honest with your parents. If she doesn't follow through, tell her that you will make sure to let them know.
    Anonymous

• Thats a hard one. What are your reasons for doing it, and can you convince your parents of those reasons? If it is to piss your sister off, then no, I wouldnt. But if your parents really could be using the money for something else, like retirement or something along those lines, then yes I would. But I would give your sister a chance to come clean first, and then tell your parents. I cant believe tshw would do this though, why are your parents giving her money and not paying it directly to the school? GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It IS your sister. Has she done anything to make you want to tell on her? Are you doing this our of pure jealousy or because your sis actually deserves to be ratted out? Im just saying I would hate for you to regret it later on in life.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I WOULD TELL THEM WHAT SHE IS DOING IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THEM AND NO PARENTS DESERVES THIS, YOU WILL BE DOING THE RIGHT THING. OFFER HER AN OPTION, EITHER SHE TELLS THEM OR YOU WILL. PARENTS GO THROUGH A LOT OF SACRIFICE TO PUT THEIR KIDS THROUGH SCHOOL, IT IS JUST NOT FAIR TO THEM OR EVEN TO HER, SHE IS WASTING A GOOD OPPORTUNITY TO GET AN EDUCATION.

Answer by older at 5:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm a tattle tale. I'd tell mom and dad. That's just wrong that she's lying to them and stealing their money.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm not doing it out of jealousy. I am doing it because of the type of person she is. She is starting to interfere in my relationship with my DH. She is constantly calling or texting trying to get him to go out to the bar, or concerts with her, and yes she is the type of person who would do more with him given a chance. She has manipulated my parents relationship with me, because everytime I have let them know about what she is up to she convinces them I am the liar, and my parents end up not talking to me for months at a time. My parents quit talking to me in August, and didn't talk to me again until my son was born last month due to another issue with this sister. My parents don't necessarily need the money right now, but they could be saving it for my other sister for her school, or a car, or whatever since she is only 14.
    Anonymous

• Would they believe you? When my brother was doing all sorts of illegal things while my parents shelled out money, I decided to tell them. They asked me how could I spread lies about my brother.
    When the truth came out later, they were devastated, but they wouldn't believe it from me.

If you have absolute proof, tell them. But be prepared for them to chose not to believe you.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009