hi ladies! ok i went to the doctor yesterday. i am 36wks sunday i will be 37 and the doctor said that i haven't dialated yet. should i be worried what are some ways to dialate?

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 4:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it doesnt matter that you havent dialated yet. .you still have til 40 weeks . i was 40 weeks exactly when i started to dialate with my first .
    you cant make your self dialate sorry , not unless the dr induces you . all those old wives tales wont work for self inducing either unless your body is ready and clearly it is not ready or you would had startedt o dialate already . m sorry but youll just have to wait it out. good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• you're only 36 weeks........
    Anonymous

• I was a not dilated at all at my 37 week appt.... and I went back a week later at 38 and I was just a fingertip....here at 39 I'm just 2cm......so its just really different for everyone
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You may not dilate at all until the day you go into labor... dont' worry about this. You also might dilate to 3 cm and stay that way for a couple weeks. It's not always a useful piece of information to have.

Anything that you do to get dilation started might cause you to go into labor earlier than you would have naturally; your baby will come when he/she is ready and the only things you need to do to prepare your body are rest, stay hydrated, eat nutritious foods, walk regularly, and take care of yourself! Your cervix knows what to do, and will do it when the time is right for your body.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Cervical exams are a waste of time, uncomfortable, creepy and they tell you nothing of importance. You can remain at a 0 until you actually go into labor. :) Or you could be 3cm at 37 weeks and not go into labor either.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• doesnt matter you havnt dialted yet your only 36wks be patient you will start to dialte when your ready and your baby will come when ready.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Don't worry, it can happen quickly. When I was pregnant I wasn't dialated yet, baby hadn't dropped, and the dr said I wasn't ready. Well, 2 days later my water broke around 1am, I was dialated to 6cm a little after 3am and had my baby by 7am. You just never know how it's going to work out.
    mbf914

Answer by mbf914 at 5:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i didnt start dilating til 37 weeks! i had to be induced b/c of P.I.H once they started ptosin i was to ten in about 8 hours!
    brittb06

Answer by brittb06 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• As frustrating as it is, it's not much of an indication that you'll go into labor soon. The best way to dilate is to have sex, and let him "finish" inside you. Really, though, some women can be dilated for weeks and weeks and not go into labor, and some people can not be dilated, then go into labor. I know it feels good to feel like you're making progress. I was frustrated I wasn't very dilated, then I went into labor 5 days early. Try to be patient, it really will happen! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:59 AM on Apr. 10, 2009