Switching baby to Cows Milk...

Would love to hear from you & any advice you may have on your baby's switch to cows milk, how early did you start & how long did it take before your baby was fully drinking regular milk?

FiDub

Asked by FiDub at 5:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Around 10 months I started doing half formula half evaporated milk (something my mom used to do with us).. then right before his first birthday I gave him whole milk and he did great with it.

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 5:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I gave my son a sippy with whole milk about a week after he turned one. He was already drinking formula from a sippy. He thought it was great and I just alternated between cups of milk and formula till we ran out of formula and he went right on to milk.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I wonder this also. We are going away 2 days after dd turns 1, and so I don't want to have to travel with formula. I want to switch her over to milk before then. I was thinking I would start around 11 months and and switch like 1oz per bottle to milk each week . . . hopefully a month will be long enough for the adjustment.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I waited until they turned 1. Then I did 1/4 milk 3/4 formula for 2-3 days, then 1/2 and 1/2 for a few days, then 3/4, 1/4. It took about a week.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009