Epuderal or natuural?

Hey which would some of you perfer or have a suggestion about. I duno what I am gonna do yet and I just wanna know what are the options of child labor. please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i did the walking epidural which was wonderful i still felt a lil of everything but it wasn't painful it was peaceful i would suggest to anyone and everyone to do this method of labor
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 5:32 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Natural. It's safer/healthier for you and the baby :) Read "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth". It's very eye opening! :)

Epidural was never an option for me, and even though my first birth wasn't the way I wanted I never did get the epidural lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I chose Natural and absolutely did not want an epidural. I didn't want to be numb and I didn't want them sticking some needle in my spine. And I didn't want a drugged baby. I knew I could do it naturally and that it was better for me and for baby. So, I did it naturally and would do it again and again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i had the epidural and i dont regret my choice. i still felt pressure and stuff. i cant imagine going through that natural. for the ladies that have done it natural, kudos to you!
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had an epidural and I will have another for this baby!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 5:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Copy and paste this link: http://www.childbirthsolutions.com/articles/birth/epidural/index.php
    It lists the risks of epidural as well as the benefits, to help you make an informed, educated decision. What other people have done or think isn't necessarily relevant.

I personally have chosen natural birth each time as I feel there are many, many benefits and the only risk is pain. Which is definitely manageable through other methods, and that's what I preferred to have in my birth. I believe our births become part of who we are in a very special way, and being able to freely make the right choices for us and our babies is an important part of that.

If you choose to plan a drug-free birth, read and ask women who have done it - learn as much as you can about what to expect, different things people have found helped, etc. Knowledge is power!

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 5:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have to say that I went natural with my first two births(sons) and let me tell you ....LOL...after my second son was born and I shoved that 10 pd 4oz little plumper into the world, that was the last time I decided to go natural. It's really your decision. It's good to get both views on the matter as you are doing so you can make a more informed choice. Either way is fine for you and the baby.

It's more or less just a personal preference, kind of like breast vs. bottle.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Every intervention has a risk. Know the risks of having an epidural before getting one. I had one c-section and then a natural vaginal birth. The great thing about a natural, unmedicated birth is that once the baby is out, it is over! Baby is alert, you don't have any meds to recover from etc.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Kudos to the ladies that can do this without drugs, but I'm ready for them when I walk through the door!

I've come to understand that there is a lot more screaming involved when you do it without any pain intervention. I've always been afraid of letting that much pain show...
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have had the epidural for both of mine and will do so for the next one. Like the other ladies said I would definitely check out their research and bring up every concern with your doctor... this is a very personal decision and what truly matters is that you and baby have a successful birth.

I will add that my babies were not groggy, or sleepy, nor did they appear drugged at birth. Neither was I . I have clear conscious memory of the first time my babies looked at me and I could see their wide eyed amazement (the second one) and their shocked questioning gaze (the first one)
    I am very happy with my experiences with the epidural.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 7:19 PM on Apr. 9, 2009