What curfew should you give a 16 year old girl?

divamomd

Asked by divamomd at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• ok really shes 16 what is she in the 11th grade shes going to be driving if she isnt already shes going to prom and away to college over the next year and a half. I would say 10pm on achool nights and 12-1 on weekends get real people .
    chines9988

Answer by chines9988 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• depends on how responsible you think she is. 10:30?
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When my sister lived with me (16) we had a 9:00 curfew on school nights, and 10:00 on weekends. If she planned on staying out overnight on a weekend, I had to know it within 2 hours of her leaving home - no calling 5 minutes to curfew to ask.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:34 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• when i was 16 my curfew was 10:30 its a fair time and its not to early and not to late
    haydns_mommy

Answer by haydns_mommy at 5:38 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When I was 16 my curfew was 12:30
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 5:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I thinks it depends on how responsable she is, but I would say 10:00 is a good curfew. Besides you can always be more flexible on weekends.
    paufonseca

Answer by paufonseca at 5:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think 9 on school nights is fine. Weekends and holidays maybe a little later - 10 or 11 depending on where she'll be, what she'll be doing, and who she'll be doing it with. I also like what CarolynBarnett said about knowing about the plans in advance and no last minute requests; that's a very good rule to implement up front so it won't be an issue.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:43 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• When my boys were 16 school nights 9:00 weekend 11:00 unless there was something special like a dance that went to 11:30 then it was like 30-45 mins after the special thing ended. If they wanted to sleep over somewhere I had to know before they went out...no calling while out to ask. At 14 we also signed SADD contracts with them. We told them we would prefer to plan a wedding than a funeral. They knew what our rules about drinking and drugs were, however, people sometimes make bad choices. The contract stated if they should find themselves in a situation where they, or people they are with have made bad choices and they need a sober ride home they were to call us any time of the day or night. We agreed that at the time of the incisdent it was only about a safe ride home. Punishment./consequences would be dealt with at a later time. My youngest son called...once. Later he said he was shocked that we didnt 'go off' on him.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• 9/9:30 on a school night and 10:30 on weekends I think is fair enough. Depends on who she is with and if she checks in often with you.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• depends on how responsible 9 on school and 1030 or 11
    Anonymous