More prayers/energy needed . . .

We are surrounded by wildfires as we speak. They are on all sides of us. The highway is shut down. I don't know why the stations aren't reporting this. It's like it's not happening or not a big deal as far as the news reports are concerned.

We just received word that DH's ex wife's home has burned. She is taking care of her incapacitated father. This was the home she grew up in. Everything they own, all their memories . . . just . . . gone.

Please pray/send positive energy our way. We are getting the children full time for an indefinite length of time. I am also concerned for our safety, as I have no idea where the fires are or where they are going.

Love to you all.

jennijune_21

Asked by jennijune_21 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• How frightening. There are some wild fires happening around where I live, but not this severe (as far as I know.)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Update:

The house is gone, as are the homes of all her family. Two brothers, a sister, and a niece lost everything today. Please pray for them. And for us . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i will pray .. You have to trust and believe GOd live everyday for him..

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'll send good thoughts.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 6:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Holy cow!!

DH just talked to his ex's husband. He had gone back to their houses to check on everything and see what the losses were. Apparently no one stayed to watch as the raging inferno was bearing down upon their house:

THE HOUSES WERE FINE!!!!!!!!

They watched the fires approach, evacuated, and assumed that everything was gone.
    Interestingly enough, the grass around each house was burned completely. Every tree - gone. The wood sheds - gone. But each and every house is standing tall, untouched.

I am in awe.
    God is so good.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2009