WTH?

I googled my adress on maps.google.com and I was pissed to see a pic of my house. I know I didn't put it up and I wann know who the hell did or if its everyone. DH said that googel Earth took pics of every adress and put them on the internet...

Go put your adress in and tell me if a pic shows up. It really kinda pisses me off

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's weird! It's like if you were standing on my sidewalk! I notice they remove most of the cars and all the people though.Do you think it is for spying?You can get really close in! I bet if they wanted to,they could look right in your window! Better stop walking around in the nude!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• the satellite takes pics of all addresses.
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 5:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Its done for everyone. Not sure why tho, or who does it.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It's the Government - spying on us.
    Anonymous

• I saw that too! was kind of weird actually. Why would they do that?
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 5:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't know but it pisses me off.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• They do it so you don't only get an address, you also get an idea of the neighborhood you are looking at. It helped me a lot when I was looking for a house to rent. It some of the houses surrounding the one I was looking at looked trashy or like a bad neighborhood, then I wouldn't even bother calling about it.

Why be mad? Its not like you or your kids are on there, and if they have your address they can just as easily drive by your house and see what it looks like...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• mine isnt there. maybe its because I live in the middle of nowhere lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I feel like its just another "big brother' thing. Its freaky. And it does show the toys and stuff in my yard. Thats too personal for me.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The pictures aren't taken everyday, so it's really NOT a "big brother" thing. My address doesn't even show my house yet, it shows the house that was here before mine.
    wirelessbubbles

Answer by wirelessbubbles at 5:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009