a little concern-please help me!!!!!!!

My baby is 8 months old (his adjustment age is 7 months old) and i am a little concern about autism, he makes eye contact only when he wants and really fast, i have to sign to him or make funny sounds, to cach his attention, when i fed him, i can say that doing funny things, he can look at me 7 times of 10 that i tried....when he drinks his bottle, he makes eye contact and then start looking the ceiling or around, is that an autism sign? he is learning how to crawl now, he likes to be held, he rolls over without problem, coing but not babling, and start yelling and doing raspberries, he laughs when someone pretend to play with him, when you kiss him he laughs, he loves watch TV, he sleps through the night but 2 days ago, he started waking up at the same time (between 2 and 2:30 am), he eats baby food without problem, and i gave him gerber puff and he liked it,also he answer his name sometimes, no most of the time, is that norm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds to me like a normal, healthy 8 month old. Kaylee is 11 months old and still won't look at me most the time when I call her name.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster, my daughter is 21 months and doesn't always look at me when I call her. He is probably learning to ignore you lol I know it gets frustrating when they dont look when you call them but it could be he's interested in something else. I would say if your really concerned here is a good website that shows you signs of autism or ask the dr at his next checkup! :)

http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/learnsigns.php
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It sounds to me like your baby is doing just fine. My son is almost 6 months old and he's doing everything that you say your baby is doing. He doesn't respond yet when I say his name, but he responds to my voice ( I guess that's a mommy thing?), and small things also count his attention ( A door opening, a ceiling fan, a light fixture...". So Again, I think your baby is perfectly fine.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 6:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think he is fine since he laughs and stuff. You can always ask at your next visit if you are worried.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009