My baby is gone for the night....

He is staying at my SIL's for the first time ever. He's spent the night at my moms before but thats it. Never anywhere else.. I miss him. He didn't even care that he left. He said "bye momma" and kissed me and took off. He's 2.

When did your baby start spending the night and how did you cope? And who do you let your baby stay the night with?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 5:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My oldest stayed at my Moms when she was alive, she would sleep with him and tell him stories, I'm so glad he had that time with her... He was about 14 months old when I let him the first time and she passed away when he was just 3 1/2.... He remembers her because they had a bond, she was so great with him... So don't be sad Momma, it's good for him to bond with your loved ones... He wasn't sad because he knew youlove him and would be there for him when he returned.. Oh and our boys are leaving tonight and won't be back until Sunday afternoon so I will be boohooing to hubby for the next 3 days...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 6:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i let my son stay with his grandparents for the weekend when he was a little over a year old. long story short-flying from alabama to texas to see my hubby at tech school for our anniversary. i was so sad. i took his bear with me and held it while i was flying. first time flying, i was scared :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My daughter started to stay the night with relatives when she was 1. Actually, I think the only place she's ever spent the whole night at is my mom's. It's tough. 2 year olds tend to get pretty excited at the thought of going somewhere besides home (atleast, my daughter is this way.) Then they don't even bother to say good-bye to you! Just try to enjoy your free time and not dwell on the fact that he took off so quickly. He loves you, I'm sure. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I think my son was 4 before I let him stay at my Moms house...lol. My youngest...she kept overnight when he was 6 weeks...what a difference a few kids make. Take advantage of the git of time Mom.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009