Stretch Marks?!

I know most moms have them (except for the lucky few) I am sick of having them and will try anything to get rid of them! I've heard a couple different things like they never go away and I've heard once they aren't dark they wont go away.. what experience have you had? Did you get yours to go away? If so how? I keep seeing these ad's about different products that they claim to work I would totally get them if they work, especially with swimsuit season on its way! Have you heard anything about these products: Cosmetyn and Resveratrol? If you've used them did they work? Or any other suggestions on how to get rid of these without a tummy tuck?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• They're scars. You can use scar creams on them, but they don't do much. My advice is to embrace them unless you can afford costly surgery. That's the only way you can get them to disappear. The trick is to prevent them from happening because once they show up, there's no turning back. It's just like taking a balloon and blowing it up to complete capacity. You let all of that air/helium out and the balloon is all floppy and stretched. No matter how many magical potions you apply to the balloon, it will still be floppy and stretched.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My friend had twins and she said the TimeWise Visibly Fit Body Lotion from Mary Kay got rid of the ones on her breast.  (I took her word for it)  The Cellu-shape system will help too. The key is to use it :)

www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

PM me for the special I give to cafemom's

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 7:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I didn't get any with my children but I have heard that the creams, and other products don't work. They will fade with time but never really go away. Honestly embrace them. That belly held a baby for 9 months and every mark is a reminder. Here's a poem and a gentle reminder...

A mark for every breath you took

Every blink, every sleepy yawn.

One for every time you sucked your thumb,

Waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness.

One for every time you had the hiccups.

One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore.

Some may even think it's ugly!

That's OK, it was your home. It held you until my arms could!

And for that I will always find something beautiful in it!!!!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't have any, but I heard Bio-oil works.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 10:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• mary kay body lotion or mederma
    armyissuedwife2

Answer by armyissuedwife2 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Stretch Mark smoother is the best thing on Earth for stretch marks. I use it myself and it faded them to flesh color and really improved the texture. My customers use it and love it too. i have a few customers who don't even have stretch marks and use it just because its so good and helping reduce cellulite. You should try it www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping :) GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• my mom told me coco butter
    lanlan

Answer by lanlan at 4:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2009