Trying to Conceive

Hi, im a currently married woman trying to conceive. We have been trying for some now , and still no luck :(, but yet woman who shouldn't ever have kids are awarded with them. I would love some pointers and maybe some helpful hints on what we could do to make our chances better. I am new to cafemom, and would love to meet new people and make friends as well. Any advice, or anyone looking for a friend. Friend me, and please help me with my question :) Thanks to everyone, and may God Bless Yall.

Hsutherland

Asked by Hsutherland at 5:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler really helped me. Good Luck
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Start by knowing when you ovulate-- an ovulation predictor kit is very helpful in this arena. It's like a pregnancy test but it predicts the surge in hormones indicating when you will ovulate, so that you'll know the best time to get it on. :)

Also, take care of yourself emotionally. Try your best to relax, and actually enjoy the intimacy. Hubby and I tried for 2 years to get pregnant, and I wanted to cry each time the pregnancy test was negative. After a while, I just stopped enjoying being intimate. Finally I realized that was just stupid and stubborn on my part, and we started fooling around like we did when we had met-- spontaneous, fun, and romantic. I think this new mindset was helpful as we got pregnant shortly thereafter.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:40 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I totally agree with Busimommi. Enjoy that emotional bonding with with your hubby. The spontaneous, fun, just being us moments..I love that. Relax also. I'm trying to remember that I don't get to plan my baby...it's the other way around. Men plan, God laughs. It will happen when it's meant to.

I am trying hard to not cry when the hpt's tell me I'm not pregnant. It's so hurtful and I'm trying, it just sucks to see that it's not working.

Good luck to you. If you can pick up the Clearblue Easy fertility monitor. I have one and am hoping I get my positive surge next week. I am so excited to try some more.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Embrace each other in time it will come, or at least that's what i hope. Stress and tension don't help either.. it's like taking a math exam and you can't think of a darn thing because you're too stressed about it, it begins to throw everything off! Good luck! Ovulation tests can help you too i agree with everyone up there!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2009