Questions for Christians...

Christians believe in God - Yahew/Jehovah/Jesus (whatever you call him). Yet the only PROOF that you have that your God exists is Proof that you yourself see. Meaning there is only personal proof, not physical or scientific.

Yet, Christians feel that other Gods - Isis, Odin, Vishnu, Giai (whichever pagan god you choose to fill in here) are false Gods and do not exist. Pagan Gods hold the same place in our lives that Jehovah does in yours, and are just as real to us, we see them in our lives just as you do yours.

So my question is WHY do you feel that your God is real and valid and yet you believe ours our not?

*Please do not use the bible as your argument. The bible may or may not have been inspired by god. But is only proven to be written by man and therefore is as questionable as any God.

Also, if the bible is your reason, why do you feel you have the right to say that I am wrong? After all it's all unproven.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• im sorry but I don't have to explain myself to you.. Its called faith. All we Christians try to do is tell you the truth its up to you to believe it or not.. God bless you....also there is only one true God!!! thats the end of it....

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Great question! Love the no-Bible rule... that reduces it to personal revelation/experience/reasoning and should theoretically cause some to admit that all they have is "faith" ... and with that has to come the understanding that perhaps others have faith in other gods, in the same way, with the same strength and joy, and the same responsiveness from that deity (or deities.)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I believe in one God and one God only. Because I believe in MY God, I do not believe in any other religious God/s just as people who believe in their God/s don't believe in mine. This question seems a little ignorant to me. If you believe in a religion, you don't believe in the other religions. There is no proof I am right or wrong in what I believe, but its what I believe and that's that. That's the whole point of faith and believing in something.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• amen Hinson7169 I agree with you
    Anonymous

• I think I'm one of the few that can honestly answer from personal experience.

I feel God when I talk with him and when I pray. I never felt Gaia, Isis, Aphrodite, Hecate, Diana, or any of the other Goddesses I called upon. Just as some never felt God, but DO feel the goddesses. I like how you said "personal proof" - that's just what it is to me. I have personal proof.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• hinson, not to be rude, but why not...? any other time you and many others are telling us how horrid or evil or wrong we are for our Gods' and yet you can not anser this question... why is that?
    Is it bc YOUR God is NO different than OUR God?
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm a Christian Universalist who believes that all people worship the same God, regardless of what they call Him. I believe He revealed Himself to different people of the world in ways specific to their culture/history/mentality/etc, so that He is available to as many people as possible.
    Like it says in the Gita:
    "others, on the path of knowledge, know me as the many, the One; behind the faces of a million gods, they can see my face"
    and "all those who worship other gods, with deep faith, are really worshiping me, even if they don't know it."
    Which is a large reason why I believe in religious pluralism/equality.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• As I was thinking about how I was going to answer I realized that I had some questions for you too. Which god do you believe in? Do you believe that they created the world? Or do you believe in evolution? Do you believe in more than one god? Do you believe that the Christian God exixts apart from your gods or not at all?

This will help me out as I think about it all.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm the opposite of what Ash said- I don't believe that my path being right simulaltaneously makes other paths wrong. I believe there is one vast higher power- different people in different cultures/times relate to that higher force in different ways. Some may be Christian, some may be Hindu, some may practice Native American religions... all are different human reflections on a higher force and thus all have validity. One God, different perceptions of that one God as impacted by personality factors and culture. That's my belief on why there are many paths to the divine, not just one 'right' path and various other 'wrong' ones.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Hinson7169 - The point of this question was to make you think and try to get you to speak from personal experience and opinion. Not to open a bash sesion. I see no reason for hatered or anger. If you CAN'T answer the question that's FINE! If you won't it really makes one wonder if you truly believe the things you preach or if you just believe everything you read...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:20 PM on Apr. 9, 2009