have you ever had one of those moments....a little TMI but funny

one of those moments where you freak out and rush your child to the emergency room only to look like a total idiot? or any other kind of moment like that?
when my son was a baby, i had changed his diaper (poo) and saw these worms in his poo!! well i completely freak out and rush him into the e.r. only to learn that they were not worms-it was because of the bananas i fed him. lmao
anyone else have moments like that?

SThompson21

Asked by SThompson21 at 5:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My oldest when he was a month old and so I used to rush him to the doctor cause I thought for sure a piece of dog fur hair was in his eye. Just loose eyelashes!!!! Can't believe I did that!!! And more than once and my dog was never never alone with my son and my son was never on the floor when the dog was walking about!! I love the WORMS!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• haha i thought i was gonna have to deworm him or something. first time mom-i was a little paranoid :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I never had that moment.
    Anonymous

• hmm... yes, as a paranoid parent my oldest was caught jumping on her bed and fell... well she hurt her arm and I was afraid she had fractured it because her cry was not the whiney "attention" cry I was used to...and it lasted longer...I ran her to the er, and by the time I got there she was talking and happy... guess it was just because I was freakin... sigh...yeah, nothing whatsoever was wrong with her arm...it didn't even bruise, just turned red a while
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ooh ooh... with my first newborn I saw something fuzzy in her ear and spent a whole five minutes wondering what to do when I realized it was just the hole..uh yeah... that belongs there... wow I am gonna hit anonymous this time...too stupid
    Anonymous

• ok ok i have another one-so im guessing that you ladies can tell that im not the brightest crayon in the box. well the first 2 weeks of my sons life was -interesting. lol. i could not for the life of me figure out why every time he went pee, he soaked his outfit and literally wore his pee. i changed him often just like i was supposed to and everything. so i take him to the dr and im telling him whats going on and i cant figure out whats wrong, etc. well..the dr looked at me and laughed and informed me that im supposed to point "it" down. i felt so dumb but i didnt know that! i dont have one! lmao
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Being paranoid as a mother is much better than being careless or oblivious. Never feel like an idiot when you are worried about your baby!!! I have been very lucky, my daughter has never fallen or gotten hurt and has never been sick. If she would get sick . . forget it . . . I'll be as paranoid as can be!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Lord love a duck BridgetC140, how old is your kid? I thought getting hurt/sick was just a part of being a kid.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 7:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009