Why do SOME FFing moms bash BFing moms?

If you make a choice to feed your child a certain way you made that choice, you should embrace that choice and know everything you can know about it, no matter BFing or FFing. Why is it that when actual facts are given proving that BM is best, SOME FFing moms say its not true or try to argue over facts? Confuses me. EVERY study for years and years says that BM is best, why beat a dead horse...I mean come on. No breastmilk isn't totally contaminant free, but its better digested, more natural and reduces risks of so many things from 50% decrease of SIDS rates, to obesity to diabetes...

If you want BFing moms to leave you alone fine then leave them alone and quit argueing over facts, embrace your decision and when info comes out you don't like, don't attack BFing moms about it, take it as a new purpose, fight for your childs right to have safer, better made formula.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im hungry and i think im getting a headache.....
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I'm not really sure that bf moms are less vicious than ff moms as a whole. I bf my first two kids exclusively until over six month. My third baby, so I was experienced by with techniques and patience, I had to do both bf and ff because I didn't have enough milk. None of my kids were any healthier because of bf, seriously. Bacteria, germs get passed around like crazy between babies and kids in daycare and also in the home alone between siblings. My first la leche leader told me the most important thing a mother could ever ever do for her child is to do what needs to be done to have a healthy safe baby whether bf or ff. She was my leader for my first born child. I"M sorry you're being hasseled. Know though that you decide for you, others don't no matter what decision needs to be made. 95% chance no matter decision baby will grow alright to great. Blessings!!!
    Anonymous

• Fact 1: Facts change over time. New studies give different results and different people can easily skew results to fit their desires.
    Fact 2: Yes breastfeeding is best, but compared to what? When compared side to side, is there *statistically significant* evidece to say that breastmilk is better in the long run than fomula? Or is that compared to milk, or ?? fill in blank. -- kids in both categories will in the course of their life stuggle with weight issues, self esteme issues, learning issues, illness, etc.
    Fact 3: People get very defensive when they feel their parent choices are on the line. So it's kind of a tug of war between parties. I do it this way, screw you I attack now type of mentality
    Fact 4: No matter how much you argue with either side, no one is going to win.
    Fact 5: no matter how many times this question is asked and no matter from what side, it will not be answered to anyone's satisifaction
    Anonymous

• Fact 2: Yes breastfeeding is best, but compared to what? When compared side to side, is there *statistically significant* evidece to say that breastmilk is better in the long run than fomula? Or is that compared to milk, or ?? fill in blank. -- kids in both categories will in the course of their life stuggle with weight issues, self esteme issues, learning issues, illness, etc.

http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/milk/milkcalories.html
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/milk/bmilk-composition.html
    http://www.drjaygordon.com/development/bf/bfoutcomes.asp
    Anonymous

• how can anyone argue that formula is safe with it's connection to SIDS?
    Anonymous

• Wowoweeee......this breast feeding versus formula feeding topic has been worn out and the whole thing will never ever be settled in anyone's favor. Why argue? Give it up. By the way, notice I spelled it out....the BF and FF stuff is so childish.
    Anonymous

• hehe... when you say FFing I automatically put a bad word in there... immature... I know- I do both by the way and don't care what you do as long as you feed the baby.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Same reason BF mom bash FF moms
    Anonymous

• Formula is not connected to SIDS.

Breast feeding is not always best.

Breast milk is the most natural food for a baby. Of that there is no doubt. But as for the other statements, no.

There is NO statistically significant evidence supporting breastfeeding arguments in "the long run".

No bashing, merely pointing out the falsehoods being presented as fact.
    Anonymous

• You know why FFers bash BFers? Because FFers are tired of being put down by BFers. No, two wrongs do NOt make a right but you have to understand that you BFers SOMETIMES come accross as condescending like you think you are better, honestly. Not all of you of course because I dont know you. We get the third degree because we FEED our children what you all dont want us to.. you get bashed for feeding in public not about the quality of food. Okay you know what, we get, breast is best but some people don't stop to think that while they are putting FFers down that there is a reason that they dont breastfed. I feed my twins formula because I CANT breastfeed and it hurts so bad when BFers put me down because I cant give the BEST to my kids. But does that make me any less of a mother? No. This needs to stop between us. We need to support each other. Raising kids is a tough job, It takes a village.
    Taffy_Tafolla

Answer by Taffy_Tafolla at 6:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009