Falling asleep problem

My 10 month old son is now having troubles falling asleep. I used to rock him and give him a bottle and he would be out like a light after aprox. 5 minutes. Now he doesn't want his bottle when it's nap time so I just try to rock him to sleep and that doesn't work either. I have tried just laying him in his crib and he bawls so I turn some light music on but no sand man. For the last couple weeks the only thing that I have found that works is a car ride ~~Help any advice please!

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 6:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd just got into this. I recently bought a new convertable carseat for her so I brought her Infant one inside and at nap time I buckle her in and rock it as if it is in the car. Works every time and you save on gas!!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:28 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• car rides were all that worked for a while with my first.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 6:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ha ha never thought to do that I will give it a try :)
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 6:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you hava a dryer i heard that works like the car stap him and and set him on top.
    hedtrippe

Answer by hedtrippe at 6:58 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Might sound funny, is he tired,and is he drinking juice before napping,sounds like ,you are tired,and little man got some energy that he got build up and need to use.Try,playing with him,or a long soothing bath,and his bottle should have water in it.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• He is probably distracted, I am a rocker when it comes to sleepy time and if I remember correctly that's about the age they started. Do really have a cure for it, I did whatever was necassary to get them asleep...even the car. One trick that worked with some was saying sternly...don't scare him..that is was night night time, and not giving in to them, like I said, it only worked for a few of them.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009