natural ways to help.....

no bashing please my body is ready for labor my dr has said so. im thinning out and dialted to a 2cm and have been contracting for 2days they just wont get close enough together to be considered in full labor. If i dont have this baby by tuesday then i have to have a repeat c section and i dont want to have a c section. iv read all sorts of ways to help naturally induce labor but does any of it truly work? did any of those things work for anyone else?

Jaxsmommy09

Asked by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• castor oil worked for me I had my dd the next day and it is perfectly safe if you are full term, some doctors even recommend it! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had sex and that brought on labor big time. I've read that sometimes we THINK something we did brought on labor, but in all reality, it was just time for it to happen. Try to be patient!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:13 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• sex worked for me
    FL_Mommy_2

Answer by FL_Mommy_2 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• id love to be just patient but im dreading the thought of a repeat c section and i know if this baby doesnt come on its own then im forced into having a c section. Im all about giving the baby time and he will come when ready but doesnt matter at this point if hes ready because they are going in after him regardless. ehhh so frustrating. Thank you ladies though for the input. Is castor oil really nasty??
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yes. it taste like liquified vaseline. and gives most people diarrhea.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I tried nipple stimulation and had my daughter 2 days later. I also tried castor oil, it was soooo nasty and it made me really sick, but everyone is different. Good luck!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 8:47 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• ive herd that castro oil works wonders but ive never tried it. i was 3days past my due date with my son and had herd that eating egg plant parm worked good so i tried it and went in to labor the next night not sure if it was just a coincedice.

jac1908

Answer by jac1908 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• DON'T DO CASTOR OIL!!!! It's VERY dangerous. It can make your baby poop in utero (meconium), which can cause A LOT of problems. Yes, some providers still recommend it, but the risks outweigh the benefits. Try sex, walking, nipple stimulation, spicy food, and even accupressure/accupuncture.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:53 AM on Apr. 10, 2009