Can you pray to god?

for other people, even though you, yourself don't believe in him, or is that too hypocritical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why would you want to waste your time like that? If you really want to help someone- then do so. Don't just send some words up into the sky hoping for a response and assuming that if it all came out okay- it MUST have been all that praying!! Couldn't have been someone studying their own problem- coming up with an actual solution and then applying it?!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 3:47 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• God dont look upon sin so if you dont believe in God that means you have not ask him for forgiveness of your sins.. So not tryin to be mean but your prayers are not getting past the walls cause the bible says God does not look upon sin!!!!
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't see why you can't. It surely can't hurt.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• really? even though you aren't praying for yourself hinson?
    Anonymous

• yes God does not look upon sin do you want my to get the bible verses for you?
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• God listens to everyone!
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 6:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• nah. don't bother, I believe you. it was only a half curious question. but thank you for the time you took to answer my question!
    Anonymous

• I would say that if the person you are praying for IS a believer and follower of that god, then praying to him is not wrong and he will hear. He can (theoretically) see into the hearts of all men, and he will know if your intent is pure. And why would God NOT respond to someone who was reaching out to him, in any way? I do not believe in Hinson's god. If that were the only god available I'd be more comfortable being an atheist. Thank God there are other gods!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 6:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Look at it like a condom... If you have it and don't need it, youre good... If you don't have it and you need it - Well?!?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• your welcome God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009