anyone know about a red rash with white bumps in the middle on a 3 year old.

my step daughter came over this weekend and she has a few rashes on her legs that are red with white bumps in the center. i dont know what it is. i've been driving my self nuts trying to figure it out. does any one have any ideas?

nikki-blu

Asked by nikki-blu at 6:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Could be any number of things. Look up "molloscum" and see if any of the pics match. My son has it. Its basically viral warts. They're contagious, but harmless. Thats my first guess
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 6:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• molluscum... .:)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Could also be an allergy to something The again there is a viral thing that some kids get that look like that. Do's can't really do anything about it, but if it is still bothering you, you could take her to the doc, or suggest her mom do it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:23 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• possibly flea bites? is the child around any animals?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My daughter had that and it was a Staff( however you spell it) infection.. take her to the doctor ASAP. if it gets any bigger
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:04 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• Is it only on her legs or has it spread? chicken pox also have white bumps in the center.
    Disneymom1218

Answer by Disneymom1218 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2009