Can you speak more than one language?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I speak Spanish, a tiny bit of French, a tiny bit of Mandarin Chinese, but I know greetings in several languages. I love languages!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I speak ASL fluently, moderate French, and some Spanish. My SO is Japanese and speaks it fluently. I wish he would speak it around our kids more because it is so easy for a child to learn a second language.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Not fluently. I took 2 years of Spanish in school and then went to Costa Rica. I knew enough to get around. I also lived in Germany for 3 years and I learned a lot of German but since moving back to the states, I have sadly lost my knowledge of most of my German. Language is one of those things if you don't practice/use it then you will lose it.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• English is the only language I know. I would love to learn Spanish, French and Italian.
    Anonymous

• I am proudlly very good in piglatin. no lie. but i speak it far faster than i understand it. when my middle daughter was in hs some kids behind her in line were talking pig latin thinking no one would understand them. little did they know dd understood every single fascinating tidbit. Seriously though, all of you should be very proud of yourselves. Do your children know those languages or will they, or their heritage language? I'm in my fifties. Both my father and hubby's parents of different countries than those speaking mostly English, kept my brother and I, and my hubby's family from learning their heritage languages - too embarassing to be 'foreign'. I'm proud of you all and jealous!!!
    Anonymous

• My dd will know both English and Spanish, and we also would like her to learn Mandarin.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:00 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Oui =]
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• German, Spanish, French
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Yes.
    I speak Spanish pretty well(although I need to practice it more LOL) and Pig Latin(if that counts LMBO).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009