Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any ideas on how to take on Babys R Us?

I know this is like David and Goliath but Im furious and dont know what else to do. I got an email from them today recalling the playard I bought 11 months ago. They are willing to issue a call tag (pay for postage) but no help at all on finding a box big enough to return it and to package it properly. I got NO sympathy from either headquarters or my local store (whose manager -Fort Myers Florida- would not allow me to return THE ITEM to the store. Company policy!!! I really have felt like they could care less about the problem this could cause to the very customers (Us mothers) that spend hard earned money there. Here is the question..... WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TAKE SOMETHING LIKE THIS PUBLIC AND MAKE THEM NOTICE US?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Shopping

Answers (14)
  • News or your Attorney General.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • I agree with calling every news station and emailing every newspaper you can find. As far as the box goes, see if any of your new mom friends has recently bought a playpen and have a box....or maybe you could look and see if you have a rubbermaid tote...or buy one (I know it seems like a waste, but I don't know what else to do, either.)

    Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:02 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • Where I am from we would call help me - Hank: News channel 7. Mass. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!

    Answer by bristle3kids at 7:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • I don't really think that you not getting a box to return your item is worth contacting the news! Its not that hard to piece a few boxes together to make one big enough to fit! You can get empty boxes from any store! They throw them out all the time! Use some imagination and make your own box!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • If they're going to pay for postage, just take it to UPS, have them package it up, and send them the bill!

    Answer by Busimommi at 7:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • our local appliance stores recycle all their boxes from stuff put on display, and they're willing to give the boxes to people who want them so you might want to check there, but i don't know if i would be angry enough to go to the news or anything

    Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

  • Maybe call the manufacturer of the playyard. When my sons Xbox broke because of an internal flaw, the xbox co emailed me a UPS label with instructions on how to send it and package it, but I had to find my own box to put it in.

    Answer by GMR at 12:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2009

  • Wouldn't you go after the maker of the play-yard--the brand name? Toy R Us is the retailer that sells the product, so the actual brand-name maker should be the one you want to "take on." I agree with the other poster--take it to a UPS store, and call it a day.

    Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:58 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

  • Oh for pete's sake go to your local grocery store and ask for a box. Or to your local UPS store. Or to your local U-Haul. They all have boxes and I'm sure one will have one to meet your needs. Who cares if it's to big if they are paying the shipping. Good Luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

  • Contact the manufacturer directly. Believe me, I can sympathize with you. The crib we bought because it converted to a toddler bed has 3 seperate recalls on it! It's disgusting isn't it?

    Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:54 PM on Apr. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Shopping
where can i find a big nursing bra?

Next question overall (Relationships)
Easter alone

Recently Bumped in Life & Home
Goodbye Ladies!