two year old in bed with us

my 2 year old is sleeping in bed with me and my husband. her bed is in our room, but we cannot move it out. what should i do to get her to sleep in her bed instead of ours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• LOL IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME DAMN THING WITH OUR SON . HIS LITTLE SPONGEBOB BED IS RIGHT AT THE FOOT OF OUR BED. WHEN HE FALLS ASLEEP IN THE BED WITH US HIS FATHER GETS HIM AND PUTS HIM IN HIS BED. IF HE WAKES AT NIGHT EITHER ME OR IS FATHER GOES OVER AND GENTLY PAT HIS BACK. ITS WORKING GOOD SO FAR.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:12 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Put her to bed in her own bed. If she gets out of bed, put her back in bed. If she tries to get in with you in the middle of the night, put her back in her own bed. It'll be rough in the beginning but she'll learn.
    You can also do a chart with pictures for her of the things she has to do at night to get ready for bed. Finish with a picture of her sleeping in her own bed. You could even take it a step further and do a picture of her waking up in the morning in her own bed. A behaviour chart with stickers might work too. You can decide how many stickers are worth say an extra story before bed or a special dvd, or small toy from the dollar store.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I am going thru the same thing with my two year old son. His bed is in our room but he insists on wanting me. I do put him in his bed after he falls asleep but if he wakes up he calls for me, so I go try to pat him and he wants me to lay with him, so I end up falling asleep in his bed. It is just easier to let him sleep with us for a good nights sleep. I really need him to sleep in his own bed tho because I am expecting a baby in 6 weeks. So if you come up wioth anything please let me know....
    mommy102786

Answer by mommy102786 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Start by putting her to sleep in your bed and moving her once she's alseep. Eventually if her bed is close to yours, you can hold her hand as she goes to sleep. Make the bed a big deal so she'll be happy about it. DOn't make it something she hates(as in making her sleep there and she gets upset) that will just make the process longer and make her resent the bed.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009