what would you do?

A mother I know in RL (we used to be friends) is using my story.
A friend of mine showed me her profile on another baby site. Everything on it is taken from my life. Anything my baby does or that happens to me she posts that it happened to her - only better, or worse depending on what gets her more attention. including, weight loss, job loss, dropping babies ect (our babies are under a year, mine is 6 months older)

What is pissing me off is that she posted what happened between me and my ex-husband as if it happened to her to get sympathy. What happened was horrible and almost 10 years later I still have nightmares about it it could not have happened to her, she would have been ages 13-18 for it to be true)
I have no idea what to do. The fact that she used something that happened to me and screwed me up for so long to garner sympathy from strangers is making me sick, she is acting like it is a joke to her.
Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• First, I am sorry to hear that you have had such a hard time in life. I hope that things have gotten better, other then this little situation, obviously.
    Now, as for her, are you sure this is the only thing she is using your identity for? Does she have access to your SSN? If she does, I would be REALLY worried. But to get her back, I would join the site and just drop her a little e-mail and tell her off. You don't have to keep the account up, just long enough to let her know that you caught her. After you send the e-mail, expect a call from her.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If that were me I would confront her. I would keep my site and my information protected. I would also blast her on my site advising what her website is, that she is fraudulently using your information and just for giggles I would list stuff about her she would rather die than have people find out about....Hmmmm kinda like what she did to you.

Turn about is fair play chick and it sounds like the ball is in your court.
    Get to playin', I know I would. :D
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I would definitely go to that site and and leave her a message telling her that you know what she is doing. Then, I would give yourself some time away from her to think about whether you want to still be friends or not.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:33 PM on Apr. 9, 2009