should I leave my baby daddy to go to college

I've been thinking about moving to Chicago to stay with my grandma. I have been accepted at this college. I ran it pass my daughter's daddy and he dosent think its fair for me to take her and leave. I'm confused because it is a big oppertunity and it has been my dream but should I break up my family like that? Especially seeing how close they are.

Aijanai

Asked by Aijanai at 8:04 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I would definitely say, you need to do what feels good for you, you deserve to get a higher education, and not be guilt tripped into not going to school. This is an opportunity that fades away if you do not take it right away. It seems to me that your baby daddy is a little bit of a manipulator and controller. I would bring the subject up again and if he does not give you his support.....c-ya. If his daughter is that important to him, he can make arrangements to come and see her. People split up all the time, do not stay together just for the child, it will do her more harm than good in the long run. Best wishes.
    AverysMama51

Answer by AverysMama51 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• why can't he move with you? I don't know your personal life but do what you have to do and what feels right, maybe you can have a long distance relationship?
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 8:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Is there a reason you cant go to college close by? I think you should compromise as long as he wants to be involved in your childs life. If he doesnt want to be involved go for it!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Is there not a school close by for you to attend? If you go there are you willing to make trips for you child to see her father? And "i have too much homework" can not be an excuse.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009