I wanna hear the Ups and Downs of Castor Oil..PLEASE

Woohoo! im ready to have my baby, but i might end up having to get induced because my body likes to stop labor =P

So I am about to go out and get Castor Oil..its the ONE thing i have NOT tried yet..
Im scared as hell to try it lol...I had diarea today REALLY badly..and already felt the need to puke...I started having contractions...Started labor today...

and...then...it....stopped.....beautiful right -_-

So 1-What are all the effects of Castor Oils?
2-How long will it take until labor can start?
3-What is good to mix it with? Soda?
4-Should I eat something with it?
5-How much of it do i put into a cup
6-How soon will i start to get contractions?

Yeah, call me selfish...but im sick of labor starting and stopping -_-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Castor oil can be very toxic. Don't take the risk.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• im not gonna bash you or tell you that you are selfish. i took castor oil too. i took about a table spoon of it and it didnt do anything for me. AT ALL. i went to walmart and i walked. for hours. then i started contracting. lol. but it was the night before i was to be induced and my contractions werent regular. lol so i had to be induced. thats my personal experience. it may be different for you.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Don't do it, it won't work, & its horrible going down!!!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• DONT TAKE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 8:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Castor oil is very unsafe. It's used as a laxative and can cause the baby to pass menconium in utero. If that doesn't happen it can cause severe vomiting and diarrhea.

It is very normal for labor to stop and start. There is no real reason to be induced just because your labor starts and stops. You never HAVE to be induced, in all honesty and you are not overdue until 42 weeks. YOU own your body, not your OB. Remember that :)

Why don't you relax, meditate, rest. If you don't think about it, it will happen easier. Don't time the contractions, or notice them. Do normal activities. Go shopping, or for a walk in the park.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i downed a bottle of it and it was horrible!!!!! I totally regret it because it just gave me the runs and made me extremely nauseous! Look at all the other stuff you can do like sex or w/e else it is or just be patient
    sufyaans_mami

Answer by sufyaans_mami at 8:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I drank a bottle of it with my son ( I was overdue already 4 day) I started to have contractions then like you said they stopped I went the whole night having the bathrooms and contractions, the next morning I went to the hospital at 8 am did not have him until the next morning at 4 am. So it does not owrk it just maked you feell like crap before labor then you gotta go thru more crap during I would just let it come natural.
    mommy102786

Answer by mommy102786 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• dont do that. eat spicy food and walk back and forth..... if you can have sex that helps to i hear lol
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 9, 2009