How far along do you have to be before you can see the palcenta in the uterus in an ultrsound?

I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both positive.And then I went to the doctor and he said i was pregnant too.So then he gave me a due date and made me an appointment for my first ultrasound.Well whenever I went to my first ultrasound we could not see the baby.So he told me 2 different things that it could be.He told me that I might not be as far along as I thought.I think I am only 4 and 1/2 weeks along.,if not 5 weeks tops.And he also said that I might be in the first stages of having a miscsarriage.So I am hoping that I am not far along enoungh to see the baby or the placenta.But I was wanting to know from you mommies if any of you knew how far along I would have to be before I could even see the placenta inside my uterus?Please help me out.

Mommy2Be_019

Asked by Mommy2Be_019 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had my first done at 7 weeks and we could see so not too sure but i would say anywhere from 7-12 weeks
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 8:31 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• i didnt have an ultrasound till i was like 2 and a half months! lol thats weird. im sure everything will be fine you probably just arent as far as you thought. and dont stress out over it either cause that will make things worse
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• We couldn't see it at the 9 week u/s, but we did at 19 weeks. Not sure where in there it would've first appeared. I hope you're not miscarrying! Hang in there, and try to take it easy.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Apr. 10, 2009