NOT THAT ATTACH TO ME AS MUCH?

WELL I GO TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY AND I DONT SEE MY BABY BOY THAT MUCH AND I KNOW THAT HIS THE REASON WHY I NEED TO KEEP ON GOING TO SCHOOL....WHEN I DO GET HOME EITHER MY MO MHAD HIM OR MY AUNT WELL HE SEEMS EXITED TO SEE ME WHEN HIS WITH MY AUNT BUT WHEN HIM WITH MY MOM HIS NOT ITS WEIRD!I SOMETIMES THINK HE DOESNT KNOW THAT IM HIS MOM MY MOM TAKES CARE HIM THE MOST I THINK HE THINKS THAT MY MOM IS HIS MOM I SOMETIMES FEEL VERY BAD BECAUSE HIS ALWAYS LAUGHING WITH HER AND EVERYTIME I CARRY HIM AND HE SEES MY MOM HE WANTS TO GO WITH HER THAT SOMETIMES HURTS BUT I DONT BLAME HIM HE DOESNT SEE ME AS MUCH..SO WHAT SHOULD I DO

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Had this happen when I had my first. Best piece of advice, find a sitter that he doesn't live with. Then he will know, and be excited to see mom when you pick him up.
    anorman08

Answer by anorman08 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I know how sad this must make you, but know that it is really good for your baby. That is great that he is so close to and loves his gma this much. He does know you are his mom, and will really know it as he gets older. It is important for your baby to feel attached to the adults he is close to, this is healthy and does not take away from his love for you. It sounds like you are handling it really well, and realize that this is not something to take personally.

I do not agree that you should get a different sitter. Why would you take him away from someone who he is so attached to? So that YOU can get a bigger smile from him when you get home? No, it is about what is best for HIM! Hang in there, things will change as he gets a little older!!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Just try to make the most of the time you DO have together. It's normal for him to be confused like this, as much as it hurts. Try taking him out once you get home, or at least try getting some alone time with him one way or another. At least you have a good grandma and aunt that can take care of him and allow you to go to school, hun! =) Hang in there, and know that he will come around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009