Do you find that people don't want to put a worth while effort into their business?

So many moms contact me about working from home, but they don't want to put a worth while EFFORT into it. Do ya'll find that too?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I'd love to work from home myself, but I don't wanna have to INVEST more than I'd make when my whole point is try and help and bring income in.
    That could be some people's issue to. A lot of home businesses requires a ton of money. There are also some people who are probably lazy, yes. I know for me, it's a money thing.

Answer by oxbroken at 2:26 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes, I get people who think that if they have a WAH business they shouldn't have to invest their time or funding (and mine doesn't require much capital to get going)and they expect to get rich fast. People don't realize that when you decide to go into business for yourself you WILL work harder and more then at a regular 9-5. You WILL fail at times, have slow periods. You WILL NOT make alot of money right off the bat. 98% of all small businesses function at a loss for the first 2 years, most everyone quits after a few months. If you want income without all of the trials and tribulations of a WAH business, then really....look for a WAH Job (i don't mean that in a negative way, WAH jobs are a wonderful thing!)

Answer by SensualScents at 2:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• same here. i want a job to help bring money in. and when i sign up for the telephone interveiws they want me to pay $50 one time and then buy a bunch of their products and when you realize it isnt what you had in mind, (spending alot), i want out and they dont stop calling me for weeks.
    i guess it comes off lazy sometimes.
    and i didnt know their was a difference in WAH job than business. thats interesting.

Answer by kiliki_malie at 3:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes I had someone contact me and did not want to do it because she did not know anyone (military) tried to explain to her all the areas she could go on post and still did not want to do it.. She said it was too much work to sell a product...

I have one question for them how did they work for an employer? Did they not put in the effort with them or the overtime when it was needed? I know it's been a while since I was working for an employer but we had to work on Saturdays & during the week I was at work sometimes from 7am - 7pm just to get the work done and get us caught up...

When you work for yourself you have to put that same type of work in to get it going and once you have set up a reputation you can be a little more laid back... But with any job it's what you make of it..  A wah job is takes a lot of work and discipline from you in order to be successful. 

• well now you can work from home with a company just like evey company out there whats you to have something to put up but with are company is only 29.99 we dont sell anythig check it out

Answer by tigger81007 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yes so many people dont want to put there time into it i find alot of people that dont want to

Answer by tigger81007 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have found that people don't want to put time and effort into a home business. I am willing to do it because it is something I can build and be proud of. I searched for work at home jobs and even applied to like four companies! I was told I didn't meet the qualifications or that they were not hiring at the time. I have a B.A. so I was confused on the unqualified part! LOL! Anyway, I love being the owner of three home based business. I do three because I want to bring in multiple streams of income while building. Businesses take time so I think it is a good idea to have more than one. A person just has to find the right fit for them.

Answer by LaTresha at 9:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have found this to be true until I joined a group where everyone is working together to build a SOLID downline. With the help of everyone working as one our businesses are growing like never before.

Answer by maxwealth4u at 12:15 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think many people just have a hard time finding the right fit. Stop looking at the programs that promise you things are going to be easy and you don't have to do much.

Yes, when you start a business it is going to take money. However, there are plenty of opportunities where you can earn a quick return. I spent $99 for my business kit. I made that back plus more in one month. So, yes I did invest $99 but I can assure you that I've made MUCH more in return.

You have to find something that is right for you. Don't just look for an easy opportunity. Determine what you are interested in and pursue something in that area. I've always enjoyed scented candles but stopped using them after my daughter was born because I was worried about safety. When I found I could be a distributor for a candle company that offered a safe alternative for something I already enjoyed I felt it was the right fit for me. Find your fit and you may find that you can be successful.

Answer by bizlady at 9:16 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Well, sadly that is true for most work at home opportunity seekers, (thus the name) but they need to realize that not much really worth it, is available free online.

Most of the time, they end up trying everything free and they come to the conclusion that everything is a scam, which is not.

About large investments, I agree, the way things are nowadays I couldn't afford a business that required more than $50 a month to run and maintain... that's why when I found my opportunity that had free signup and only $30 a month ( I was like "Oh today is my lucky day."

But STILL, people want something for nothing...

Answer by for2kids at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2008