does the old wives tale about the full moon really work?

i have heard it could happen b4 or after the full moon.im ready to pop and wishin something would work. i have gotten some where i am 1 cm and 80% effaced so what are my odds with the full moon

sfewell09

Asked by sfewell09 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had my son around the full moon but I was induced so who knows LOL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I don't know what your odds are but if your body is ripe and ready and it's a full moon the odds are good. It is fact, not wives tale, that more babies are born at the full of the moon. It has to doo with the increased gravitational pull of the moon on the earth when it is full. Good Luck!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:37 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have heard that before. But i am sure how true it is...
    mommy102786

Answer by mommy102786 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I had my daughter during a full moon. So did everyone else b/c they were putting moms on non-maternity floors b/c there were too many!
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• that is crazy!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My son was born on a full moon. The maternity ward was so over loaded that they had to open up some rooms on another floor that were being used for storage. The nurses there had never seen it so full, they all claimed it was the full moon. Who knows!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It does seem to be a trend. The belief is that the full moon does the same thing to your bag of water as it does to waves. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but it is definitely possible.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 12:52 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• My hubby and I were both full moon babies, but I work at a birth center, and used to work at a hospital, and we didn't really find a trend with the moons (contrary to popular belief). It's hit and miss, I think it's more chance.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:34 AM on Apr. 10, 2009