I found this posted on a different website......what do you guys think of a mother making a comment like this?

I have one girl, 14.5, and she is giving me heartburn. I don't want to be a mother anymore... I don't deserve such stress and blatant disrespect for my rules! From boys to bras to cleaning her room...I don't get a break! Meanwhile I've thought up a new bumper sticker...ABORTION: Kill Them While Its Legal!

I've always tried to focus on the good things she does but enough is enough...the bad is outweighing the good! OMG I just want to run away. Can I survive the next 4 years? I don't think they make enough Xanax for me to cope...

Anyone got any insightful and helpful ideas to help me cope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I mean I understand that mother feel overwhelmed a lot but, for some reason this post really disgusts me

Anonymous

• i think if thats not her regular comments about her child than she is just stressed right now. i don't know how many times i have told my daughter i'm going to jump off a cliff b/c she is driving me nuts. or that i'll leave her on the side of the road. i don't mean it and never would but there are times we all lose our tempers or get pushed past our breaking point and have to vent it. i don't think its fair to judge based on just that one statement.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• WOW!!!! That mom should have Never had a child then.
    Anonymous

• She was probably having a really bad day and was feeling extra cynical.

Move on, busy-bodies.
    Anonymous

• vabhmommy- I get what your saying cuz I know that all mothers feel like they want to jump of a cliff at one point or another but don't you think that the abortion comment was crossing the line a little?
    Anonymous

• That woman needs therapy!
    Anonymous

• I think this woman probably has some serious issues if this is how she truly feels about her daughter. I understand being stressed and overwhelmed, but she truly doesn't seem to have any love for that child....I hope she gets help.
    And that bumper sticker....I think even people who are pro-choice would get sick if they saw that on someones car.
    Anonymous

• WOW harsh. Thats what being a mom is all about! She needs to really watch what she says and that abortion thing is insane!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:49 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• hmmm... thats actually really funny!!! I mean come on! People say stupid sh*t they really don't mean when they are upset or stressed... I take it with a grain of salt.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• as for the abortion comment, not something i would say myself, however like i said you can't judge someone based on one paragraph where she is obviously stressed. for all you know it was meant to come off as sarcastic. im sure i've said things in moments of extreme stress that i would never imagine saying to my daughter or other family members but we ALL do it. can you honestly tell me you've never "threatened" your childs life when they were driving you insane or misbehaving? well i see it as the same thing
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009