40 weeks, feeling sick?

Hey all, I'm due with my first on Monday. I saw the doctor last Tuesday and she said I was -still- 1 cm and 50% effaced. I had horrible morning sickness until my fourth month, but in the past few days I've had a hard time brushing my teeth, eating breakfast etc. without gagging or feeling like vomiting. Worse, and I know this is TMI, I've been having diarrhea since yesterday.

I guess the question would be: Does it sound like it might be over soon?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, either way it will be over soon! I experienced all of the WONDERFUL things you described... and still, at 40 wks and 1 day, I was 1cm, "high and thick". BUT.... I'm to be induced on Sunday. Most drs will induce at 41 weeks, some make you wait until 42... but like I said - it will be over soon. Either you'll go on your own pretty soon, or they'll induce and you'll have your baby within 2 weeks. GL!!!
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• yes diarrhea is a going in labor sign
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Diarrhea is a good sign that labor is coming. Last time I was checked, I was at the same point you are (1cm, 50%), and my water broke a few days later. I definitely had the gagging problem from about 5 months on (I promise this will go away after Baby comes!). Hang in there, he/she will be here before you know it. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:32 AM on Apr. 10, 2009