I have a two year old and about to have another baby in a couple weeks. He was doing well pottying in the day time but he has been having many more accidents. I think it is because it is getting closer to having the baby. Is this normal ?what should I do?

mommy102786

Asked by mommy102786 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah, regression is normal with big changes like that. I'd just keep pushing through it. If you've moved to underwear, stick to it and don't be tempted to go back to pull-ups or diapers during the day. Be sure whoever is going to take care of him while you're at the hospital is on board, too, and won't go and put a diaper on him. Include him as much as possible in the preparations for the baby, and try to give him some time where he's the main focus. Don't make a big deal out of the accidents. He'll get through it.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• It is pretty normal for kids in the first year of potty training to have many regressions, just be consistant, and reward him when he gets it right.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009