traveling??

I just found out that I am 6 weeks pregnant, I am scheduled to take a trip in the end of July putting me at about 5 months pregnant, I am planning on driving and I am going to go up by my self, it is about an 8-9 hour drive, would this be okay as long as there are no complications up till then with the pregnancy or should I not go? This is my 1st baby so I don't know and didn't think to ask the doctor when I was there today

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i just took a trip like that at the same point in my preg. just stop often to walk around, eat plenty and use the restroom. i went with my 3 yr old so i might as well have been alone (as in i did all the driving) most doctors will say it is ok as long as you are comfortable, i would suggest bringing a small throw pillow to put behind your lower back, mine started to hurt after awhile, and bringing lots of bottled water.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:03 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Its ok to go. You just have to remain relaxed and stress free. But i wouldnt recommend going alone just because all the what ifs.
    Aijanai

Answer by Aijanai at 9:05 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You should be fine to go, but stop frequently. Sitting in the same position for hours at a time increases a pregnant woman's risk of blood clots. Every 2 or three hours get out of the car and walk around. You should be fine. At this point in pregnancy, you should be feeling pretty good.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:07 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• dont forget to drink plenty of fluids
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009