Is it time to start potty training?

My daughter is only one but she talks good for her age. I stay with my sister who has a two yr old that goes to the potty and she will mimic him. Say she has to go but never really dose. Is this a sign of her being ready or is she just saying what she hears?

Aijanai

Asked by Aijanai at 9:01 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just saying what she hears when she's ready she'll take off her wet/dirty diaper and or want to be changed as soon as she potty's in it. Just give it time you don't want her to grow up to fast
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• If you're that interested when you're home with her every half hour take her to the potty and she will get use to knowing that sensation but you have to give her lots of praise so she knows it's a good thing. My daughter is 15 months now she knows what the potty is but is only just realizing what it is for she has used it twice, but we're still working on it!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 10, 2009