skin tag

I have what I think is a skin tag in my groin area. has anyone ever heard of tying a string around it to stop the bloodflow so it falls off? is it safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• Yep, it's safe. I tied off a small mole and it was ok.
    Anonymous

• I just pinch mine off :) I know you aren't supposed to, and there is a chance of infection, blah blah blah. But I just mess with it for a couple of days and finally just pinch it off.

If you do remove it yourself, be sure to clean it afterwords and put a small bandaid over it. There are lots of bacteria down there.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• My friend has many skin tags and had to go to the doc to get them removed. I don't think I would feel safe to do something like that myself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I was at the doc's once and she just pinched it off without warning. Hurt like hell and made me mad!! It was on my inner thigh
    Anonymous

• I have had a skin tag burned off my under arm and it hurt like hell. I can't imagine pinching them off would hurt any less or be any "safer". Go ahead.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 9, 2009