eczema and redness

i have eczema and redness of my cheek and i am prone to breakouts. does anyone know what i can do to relieve it without getting pimples afterwards? aquaphor works great but then i break out from using it, then i get eczema again from treating my breakout. lol. vicious cycle! any ideas?

krazymami028

Asked by krazymami028 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• Try Phisoderm. I get eczema but not on my face so I am not sure what to recommend. Have you asked your doctor?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• Have you seen a derm for a prescription topical ointment? There are several out, eledel and others but I'd start with a trip to my GP or derm guy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• I have eczema on my hands and legs.In the winter when I take a shower I do not use soap on my legs. What you may want to do is take an oatmeal bath, You can go to any pharmysist and talk to them about it they know more about medicine then doctors do because medicine is what they study.They could give you advise on eczema.If you tell them you can't afford to go to a dr. then they would advise you.It's always best to stay with one pharmacy because they would be more apt to help you out.May opinion.Good luck!!
    SILVERROSE01

Answer by SILVERROSE01 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• thanks ladies. i will make a doc appt soon. gotta get through easter first lol!
    krazymami028

Answer by krazymami028 at 12:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2009