Is It Safe?

Is it safe for my 5 month old DD to lick the inside part of a grape? I hold it after i bite it in half, and she licks it...Is it okay for her stomach?

Sparta.

Asked by Sparta. at 9:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep, they're fine, but try cutting them. You don't want to introduce your mouth bacteria into her mouth. We freeze them, then put them in a mesh feeder for our son, so when he has teething pain, he gnaws on that. He LOVES it!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:20 AM on Apr. 10, 2009

• yes. its fine. no need to worry. if it seems to bother her later then either stop, or just give her some gas stuff like little tummys. it wont actually HURT her =] i use to give my son all sorts of little licks and tastes. hes going to be three and completely fine =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:51 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• should be. apples have quite a bit of acidity, but I think grapes would be ok. she's just licking, it's not like she's taking it all into her belly.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 9:52 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• The only thing that could cause a problem is her contracting your mouth germs from your saliva being on the grape.
    Austinka

Answer by Austinka at 9:57 PM on Apr. 9, 2009