Zoloft and Trazadone, Has this happened to you?

So I was being treated for PPP after I had my little girl, and had taken Zoloft for six months, and it really affected my sleeping. So the doctor put me on trazadone about two months ago. I am getting a job that doesn't allow me to take either of those medications so I cycled off of both. Since then, I am CONSTANTLY dizzy and light headed. I thought at first it was the diet I was on, but I have discovered that it isn't. I had one person tell me that they are called the Zip Zaps (obviously not a medical term, lol), and that they can last up to six months or a year. Has anyone else had this problem, did anything help? I can't go back on my medications, but I cant keep feeling like this either, and help would be appreciated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 9, 2009 in Health

• Could it be from detoxing off the Zoloft. I was on Zoloft and couldn't sleep either, I stopped taking it and had no problems. Call your doc and ask them, that is what they are there for. Also, why would an employer tell you what meds you can and cannot take?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 9, 2009

• You really shouldn't go immediately off of either of those, you should lower the dose gradually so you aren't having these effects. If it's not possible for you to take the Zoloft once a week until the symptoms subside, you'll just have to ride it out I'm afraid.
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 11, 2009

• Oh I cycled off of both the way I was suppose too, and I am still having problems. I am joing the Army so you cant be on either of those medications, regardless of the reason. It's like they dont care if you are crazy, just as long as you dont take meds for it, lol.
    Anonymous